Bartender Shortage in Hudson Valley, Who’s Hiring?
Do you have a love of craft cocktails? Or just enjoy getting paid to pour people beers? There are many qualities that help to make a great bartender, but the best ones, definitely have the following skills:
- Drink knowledge. Will you really need to know the difference between a Boulvardier and a Negroni? Depends on the place that you are working, but to know a Manhattan, Martini and an Old Fashioned will probably serve you well.
- Have good customer service skills/ attentive to the customer. Just be observant and know whats going on and who is in need of what. Will you always be able to do that on a busy Friday night? Possibly not, but keep trying.
- Have a good personality. With saying that, know that it is an art to handling people, especially when they have been drinking.
Not scared off? Here are a few places in the Hudson Valley that are hiring (from Indeed.com):
- Heritage Food & Drink in Wappingers, Experienced Bartender
- Ruby Tuesday, Poughkeepsie, Bartender
- Ship Lantern Inn, Milton, Servers & Bartenders
- Saugerties Steam Boat Company, Bartender
- Bacchus New Paltz, Servers & Bartenders
Do you have what it takes to be a bartender? Are you a bartender and think that there are a few other qualities that should be highlighted or drinks that a bartender should know? Let us know in the comment section below.