Apartments on Route 9W in Marlboro Moving Forward
Apartments along Route 9W in Marlboro are getting closer to becoming reality. The project has been under consideration for over a decade, termed the Bayside project. The project has agreed on a total of 104 units, with 84 two bedrooms and 20 three-bedroom apartments that will be divided between five buildings. According to an article in the Southern Ulster Times, the residential housing project is proposed for a 25-acre parcel off Route 9W near Purdy Avenue and the Marlboro Middle School. Parking will be near the interior sides of the buildings for the most part, for a total of 208 spaces.
A public hearing was held on March 19, where residents voiced their concerns to the project. The developer is also proposing a 2.4-acre lot that will face Route 9W for future commercial development. The would be an emergency entrance from Purdy Avenue, but that it would be gated. There would also be a stormwater area on the backside of the project, which would also be gated. The main entrance for the project would be from the traffic light on Route 9W across from the Marlboro Elementary school.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash