AirBnB User Trashes Hudson Valley House
I lot of us went out to parties on New Year's Eve. But I really hope you weren't at this party.
23-year-old Tevin Zamor rented a home through AirBnB from Nicko Feinberg in River Road for just the one day; when Feinberg returned, he found the place completely wrecked, with about $100,000 in damages, according to LoHud.com.
Zamor held a party at Feinberg's house with men paying at the door and women getting in for free. He was charged with disorderly conduct after police broke it up. Feinberg found a video online of more than 100 people drinking, smoking, and dancing to a DJ inside his own house.
AirBnB was slow to deal with the problem, but they've released a statement saying they've banned Zamor from the platform and that they support Feinberg under their Host Guarantee Program.
This should go without saying, but if you can't use your own house or that of a friend's to throw a party, then maybe don't do it? This is a lousy situation for everyone, but especially for Feinberg. And it definitely should make people a little more cautious about AirBnB, which has very little oversight outside of customer reviews.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash