3 Kingston Brothers Appeared On ‘Shark Tank’
Three brothers, who graduated from Kingston High School, made their 'Shark Tank' debut Sunday, Feb. 11, with their energy drink.
New York Upstate reports that the DeCicco brothers created an energy drink called Super Coffee. Super Coffee was created by the youngest brother, Jordan, in his college dorm room. He wanted a healthy energy drink to last through 5:30 a.m. basketball practices and classes, but couldn't find anything to fit his needs on campus. Jordan combined healthy fats, maple syrup, and caffeine to create a drink with 10 grams of protein and as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.
Jake and Jim, the two other brothers, joined Jordan making and selling his product when the demand was increasing on Jordan's campus. Together, they created the company Sunniva, which means gift of the sun. Jordan dropped out of school once the company was created and gave up a full scholarship. Jake studied business at Georgetown and Jim is a Colgate graduate.
According to the article, Sunniva has 1,200 accounts and 11 employees. The went on Shark Tank asking investors for $500,000 in exchange for 5% of the company. Unfortunately, no 'Shark' invested.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash