13 Arrests in Ulster County for Alcohol Sales to Minors
If you have ever been "bothered" when a store clerk asks for your ID when your purchasing alcohol think about this. If they sell to minors they go to JAIL!
According to the Daily Freeman, Ulster County Sheriff’s Office and Kingston, Saugerties and town of Ulster police conducted undercover buys of alcohol at stores throughout Ulster County and charges have been filed against 13 retail employees for selling alcoholic beverages to minors.
“Operation Safe Streets" netted the arrests of the following:
• Srinivasa Immadisetty, employed at Sunoco, 675 Broadway.
• Karma Tharchung, employed at Mobil, Broadway and Henry Street.
• Robert D. Owen Jr employed at Sunoco, East Chester and Lincoln streets.
• Manjulaben O. Patel, employed at Convenient Mart, Lucas Avenue.
• Abbas M. Chaudhyr, employed at Dairy Mart, Leggs Mill Road, Lake Katrine.
• Michael D. Bartlett, employed at QuickChek, Ulster Avenue, Lake Katrine.
• Philip D. Anthony, employed at QuickChek, Washington Avenue.
• Chandra B. KC, employed at Beer Universe, Ulster Avenue.
• Polireddy Nakka, employed at Citgo, 109 S. Main St.
• Syed Asif Raza, employed at Marlboro Market, 29 Western Ave.
• Santy Abbas, employed at Citgo, 3492 U.S. Route 209.
• Stacy Phelps, employed at Extra Mart at Chapel Hill, 3738 Route 9W.
All were charged with sale of alcoholic beverages to a minor.